SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
In the 2013-2014 Academic Year, all international students will be admitted to the undergraduate programs on full or partial scholarships. These scholarships are valid for 5 years duration (1 year of English Preparatory Program plus 4 years of undergraduate study). Coverage of scholarships is as follows:
A+ (Super Scholarship):
A+ (Super Scholarship) opportunities provided for students are as follows:
• Full tuition waiver,
• 9 months free dining,
• 1000 TL course material support for one academic year,
• 9 months free accommodation in rooms for 4 persons at ŞEHİR Guesthouse,
• Monthly stipends for 9 months.
A (100% Tuition Waiver): Student has full tuition waiver. Accommodation and dining services are chargeable.
Note: Those who will apply for Super Scholarship (A+) and Full Scholarship (A) are required to certify their Advanced level of English.
B (75% Tuition Waiver): Student pays 5.000 TL for preparatory program and 6000 TL for undergraduate study. Accommodation and dining services are chargeable.
C (50% Tuition Waiver): Student pays 10.000 TL for preparatory program and 12.000 TL for undergraduate study. Accommodation and dining services are chargeable.
D (25% Tuition Waiver): Student pays 15.000 TL for preparatory program and 18.000 TL for undergraduate study. Accommodation and dining services are chargeable.
All admitted international students will be provided with state health insurance (GSS) free of charge.
All admitted international students will be given free laptop computers.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (TURKISH CITIZENS)
Scholarships and monthly stipends paid within the context of scholarship in İstanbul Şehir University are unrequited and applicable, regardless of the grade point average or achievement in the course, during studies in the undergraduate program, and the English Preparatory Program as long as the student continues its studies and attends the courses. Scholarships shall be applicable for 1+1 year in preparatory program and 4+3 years in undergraduate study.
Scholarships offered at our University in 2012-2013 Academic Year and their coverage are as follows:
The following resources are provided to students who are settled and enrolled in the full scholarship programs of İstanbul Şehir University, to be valid each semester for which they are registered for:
• Full tuition waiver,
• Dining scholarship for 9 months,
• 500 TL per semester (annual 1000 TL) for basic course materials
• Free accommodation in the University Guesthouse.
Among students who are placed and registered in the university with full scholarship in 2012-2013 Academic Year, students who demonstrate the following achievements at the exam with their placement scores, according to the score type of the related program (except for those placed with additional scores) are provided additional opportunities so as to be valid for each semester to which they are registered:
• 1250 TL cash payment for 9 months for those who rank among the first 100 students all around Turkey.
• 700 TL cash payment for 9 months for those who rank among the first 1000 students all around Turkey.
• 450 TL cash payment for 9 months for those who rank among the first 5000 students all around Turkey.
If students who have been placed to the University’s full scholarship quota by university entrance achievement scholarship have previously graduated from an institution of higher education cannot benefit from book, guesthouse and dining aids and additional opportunities; they only have the right to tuition waiver.
This scholarship is given to students placed to 75% scholarship programs of İstanbul Şehir University and covers 75% tuition waiver.
This scholarship is given to students who are placed to 50 % scholarship programs of İstanbul Şehir University and covers 50 % tuition waiver.
25 % SCHOLARSHIP:
This scholarship is given to students who are placed to 25 % scholarship programs of İstanbul Şehir University and covers 25% tuition waiver.
Except for the placement scholarships offered at the first entrance to the university, following reductions and scholarships are granted at İstanbul Şehir University.
FIRST CHOICE SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship consists of the 20 % reduction in the tuition fee given to students who are placed in the paid programs of the University as their first choice.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship consists of reductions varying between 10 % and 100 % in the tuition fee of the following academic year at the rates below, given to students, according to their success levels as from the end of their first academic year at the College/School, who have grade point averages of 3.50 and above and are among the first five in their class.
IB INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship consists of a 25 % reduction in the tuition fee, given to students placed with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma total grade point average of 32 and above.
This scholarship consists of a 25 % reduction in the tuition fee, given to students with Abitur certificate with total grade point average of 2.00 or above.
MATURA (REIFEPRÜFUNG) SUPPORT SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship consists of a 25 % reduction in the tuition fee, given to students with Matura (Reifeprüfung) certificate with total grade point average of 1.5 or above.
PAYMENT IN ADVANCE
A reduction of 5 % is given to those who paid the whole tuition fee at the beginning of the academic year.
This scholarship consists of a 10 % reduction in the tuition fee given to each sibling registered in the programs of İstanbul Şehir University.
The conditions in which the scholarships and reductions are applicable have been stated in İstanbul Şehir University Instruction on Scholarships. If the student is eligible for more than one of these scholarships and reductions, (except for payment in advance) he can benefit from only the one with highest reduction rate. The reductions are made from the fee that the student is liable to pay.
*Information on undergraduate programs of our University and the coverage of the scholarships can be found at Guide for 2012 Higher Education Programs and Quotas. We recommend you to control the scholarship options of the departments you will choose and their codes from the guide, while carrying out your University selection.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
Graduate School of Social Sciences
Most of the students who are admitted to Graduate Programs can benefit from the below scholarship options in return for assistance and on a merit-base assessment:
• Full tuition waiver,
• Monthly payment of between 500 TL and 1250 TL for 21 months
• Free Dining
• Private Health Insurance
• Laptop Computer
• Opportunity to benefit from Research Assistance Fund TÜBİTAK Scholarship students will be granted additional supports. Graduate students who have been admitted to English Preparatory Program will only have full tuition waiver during that one year they pass in preparatory program.
Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences
• Limited but competitive scholarships are offered after a merit-base assessment of all applications.
• Scores for GPA, ALES, English proficiency of applicants and letters of recommendation are all taken into consideration during the assessment of eligibility of the applicant for scholarship and their coverage.
• Scholarship levels may change from a tuition-waiver plus health insurance level to 1600TL/month stipend plus tuition-waver, free lunch, research support, accommodation support, etc., which may total up to 2000TL/month.
• Students with scholarships may be required to serve as academic assistants up to 20 hours/week.
• Students may also obtain additional support from their advisors or projects if they involve in sponsored research projects.
TÜBİTAK scholarship students will be granted other supports as free dining, transportation, accommodation, course material and research.